How do I price Edmonton Oilers on a resale marketplace?
First, look at comparable resale listings. Comparable resale listings are seats that are similar or closer in distance to center ice and four rows behind you or closer to the ice. If you have seats on the “home team attacks twice” side, you will not want to compare to the “visiting team attacks twice” side. Find the cheapest seats that meet that criteria, then price above or below based on the below information.
Second, you can gauge the direction of the market and whether to price below or above the competition based on the following attributes. The more negatives apply to the game, the lower you should price your tickets because it’s extremely likely the tickets will drop in price even more.
- Selling within one month of the game. The closer the game, the lower the prices will be in general
- Home team is likely not going to the playoffs or underperforming expectations
- Key injuries to either the home team or the visiting team
- Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday games. Monday being the worst, Tuesday second worst
- Low resale value opponents
- Lottery pick team, minimal legacy, doesn’t draw well on the road
- Examples (the worst resale teams shown first): Arizona Coyotes, Anaheim Ducks, Carolina Hurricanes, Florida Panthers, San Jose Sharks, Ottawa Senators, Columbus Blue Jackets
- The game is part of a home back-to-back, a long homestand, or 3 home games in 4 days type situation
- Bad weather
- Day games
- Games on a Sunday during the NFL season
- Selling more than one month from the game. The further away from the game, the more you can sell your tickets for in general
- Home team is performing to or better than the expectation going into the season
- Opponent is performing to or better than the expectation going into the season
- Great resale value opponents
- Either they are a legacy team, have superstars, a deep fanbase, or are a championship contender
- Examples (the best resale teams shown first): Pittsburgh Penguins, Washington Capitals, Tampa Bay Lightning, Chicago Blackhawks Boston Bruins, New York Rangers, Toronto Maple Leafs
- Friday/Saturday/Sunday games (Saturday being the best)
- Rivalry game
What other tips are there for selling Edmonton Oilers tickets?
The schedule release is the best time to list tickets, as it’s a full-on seller’s market. There are very few tickets available for sale, so not much competition. At the same time, there is a spike in demand from the die-hard fans that are willing to pay top dollar to secure the big game tickets. Low supply + high demand = high sales prices.
To learn more about best practices around ticket resale and the top ticket resale marketplaces, read our blog articles on “Best Tips for Selling NHL Tickets” and “How to resell tickets online.”
What are the highest sale price Edmonton Oilers games of the year?
- Sat 10/16 Calgary Flames at Edmonton Oilers
- Fri 11/5 New York Rangers at Edmonton Oilers
- Sat 11/20 Chicago Blackhawks at Edmonton Oilers
- Wed 12/1 Pittsburgh Penguins at Edmonton Oilers
- Thu 12/9 Boston Bruins at Edmonton Oilers
- Sat 3/5 Montreal Canadians at Edmonton Oilers
- Sat 4/9 Colorado Avalanche at Edmonton Oilers
Resale prices tend to be higher if the opponent has a long-running legacy, superstars, a deep fanbase, is a potential championship contender and, is on the weekend.
What are the worst resale value Edmonton Oilers games of the year?
We recommend that you list these games immediately, as resale value for these games have the highest likelihood of dropping, which also increases the risk that you can’t resell the tickets.
- Wed 11/3 Nashville Predators at Edmonton Oilers
- Sun 12/5 Los Angeles Kings at Edmonton Oilers
- Thu 1/20 Florida Panthers at Edmonton Oilers
- Sun 2/20 Minnesota Wild at Edmonton Oilers
- Thu 3/17 Buffalo Sabres at Edmonton Oilers
- Mon 3/28 Arizona Coyotes at Edmonton Oilers
- Wed 4/20 Dallas Stars at Edmonton Oilers
Resale prices tend to be lower if the opponent is projected to be a lottery pick team, has a limited
fanbase, lacks all-stars, and the game is on a Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday.
Which marketplaces do buyers usually use for buying Edmonton Oilers tickets?
The top resale marketplaces that Edmonton Oilers buyers go to are pretty evenly split between Stubhub, SeatGeek, Ticketmaster, and VividSeats.
How do I log into my Edmonton Oilers season ticket account?
Through web browsers, you can go to https://am.ticketmaster.com/oilers
For the app experience, you can download the NHL app for IoS or Android. You can find all instructions at https://www.nhl.com/oilers/team/mobile-app-canada
Where can I sell Edmonton Oilers tickets?
The best marketplaces to sell your Edmonton Oilers tickets are Ticketmaster, Stubhub, SeatGeek and Gametime. Note, VividSeats currently only supports the resale of physically printed tickets or PDF e-tickets.
How do I list Edmonton Oilers tickets?
For expert tips on how to sell Edmonton Oilers tickets on your favorite marketplace, read our blog article “How to Sell Tickets Online.”
How do I transfer Edmonton Oilers tickets?
To transfer your Edmonton Oilers tickets, go to https://am.ticketmaster.com/oilers on your phone or desktop. Click on “Manage Tickets” (depending on your device it may be “Tickets” or “My Events”) and then click on the game that you want to transfer. Lastly, click the “Transfer” button and fill in the required information.
Is it legal to resell Edmonton Oilers tickets?
There are no federal or state laws prohibiting the resale of tickets. Certain states do have rules and regulations around whether a broker license is required, how much above face value you can list the tickets for, or whether you can sell the tickets on the premise of the stadium.
Why should I sell my Edmonton Oilers tickets with TiqAssist?
- Tickets are listed on every major ticket resale marketplace, so you reach 100% of buyers and can get 10-15% higher resale prices on average.
- TiqAssist selling experts fully manage the resale process for you, all you do is click “List” on the games you want to sell.
- All tickets listed with TiqAssist are guaranteed to sell. If the tickets have not sold 3 days prior to gametime, TiqAssist will offer to purchase the tickets at fair-market value.