- SCOPE AND CONSENT
This User Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) applies to your use of any TiqAssist sites where this Privacy Notice appears in the footer, and to any TiqAssist application, tool, or associated service (collectively the “Site”) where this Privacy Notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them.
BY INSTALLING, USING, REGISTERING, OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING OUR SITE OR PAYMENT SERVICES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SERVICES”), YOU GIVE EXPLICIT CONSENT TO OUR COLLECTION, USE, DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND ENFORCED THROUGH OUR USER AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES AS SET FORTH IN OUR PRIVACY NOTICE AND USER AGREEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL, USE, REGISTER FOR OR OTHERWISE ACCESS OUR SERVICES.
This Privacy Notice describes:
- The personal information we collect and how we use that information;
- The choices you have about how we communicate with you and what personal information you share;
- When we might disclose your personal information; and
- How we retain and protect your personal information.
[Your data controller for our Services can be found by inquiring to email@example.com]
[Your data controller is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with our privacy standards as well as any applicable laws. We may process and retain your personal information on our servers in the United States.]
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
“Personal information” is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data alone or from that data in combination with other information that TiqAssist has or is likely to have access to. Personal information does not include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify a specific person.
- CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may amend this Privacy Notice by posting the amended terms to this site. All amended terms automatically take effect 30 days after they are posted. We will announce any material changes to this Privacy Notice through an alert on the site or via an email communication. Your continued use of the website and/or Services indicates your acceptance of the amended Privacy Notice.
4.1 Personal information we collect when you use our services. We collect personal information from you to enable us to perform our Services. This personal information we collect includes, but may not be limited to, personal information of the kinds described below:
- Information you provide us when using the TiqAssist Site, which may include name, physical address, email address, telephone and/or mobile phone number, e-mail and password for accounts you elect to share with us;
- Financial information such as PayPal and Venmo account information, credit card, or debit card or other bank account information;
- [Transactional information based on your activities on our sites and through our Services (such as information on your selling activity, ticket information and other content you generate or that relates to your account);]
- [Recordings of telephone communications, provided that consent has been obtained for recording in accordance with applicable laws;]
- [Additional information that may be necessary or required by applicable national laws to verify your identity, or other information pertaining to your use of the Site, and to comply with anti-money laundering regulations or similar laws. Such information may include the name and address of legal representatives and beneficial owners, date of birth, nationality, articles of association, and copies of your passport and/or other identification documents.]
[4.2 Personal information we collect automatically. We also collect information about your interaction with our sites and Services. This is typically information we receive from your computer or other devices[, including your mobile devices.]
- Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for Advertising, unique device token;
- You may also be presented with an additional notice when using our Services explaining any additional information we may collect from you that is not listed in this notice.
- Computer and connection information;
- Statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, IP address, browsing history and web log information.] 
[4.3 Personal information we collect using cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
[4.4 Personal information from other sources. [We may allow you to share information with third party social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media sites. Those social media sites may give us access to certain personal information stored by them (e.g. content viewed, content liked by you, and information about the advertisements within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on etc.). If you provide us with access to any site with video content, then you agree that we may share your video viewing with, or obtain information about your video viewing from, third-party social media sites for at least two years or until you withdraw consent. You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on that third party site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access. By associating an account managed by a third party with your account and authorizing TiqAssist to have access to this information, you agree that TiqAssist may collect, use and store the information provided by these sites in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with their consent. You agree to inform them that we have collected their personal information and tell them how we collect, use and disclose the personal information.]
- USE AND RETENTION
5.1 We use the personal information we collect to: operate, improve and personalize our Services, to contact you about your transactions or our Services, provide you customer service, and to comply with our legal obligations.
- You agree that we may use your personal information as follows:
- Operate, improve and personalize our services:
- Provide you use of and access to our Services;
- Process payments;
- Give you access to your purchase and sales history, payment transaction history, internal email and other features and functionalities;
- Provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content using geo-location information.
- Contact you and provide you customer service:
- Provide customer support you request for our Services;
- Contact you, either via postal mail, email, phone (including using auto-dialed or pre-recorded messages and text messages from TiqAssist at any telephone number that you have provided us or we have otherwise obtained) to (i) notify you regarding your transactions; (ii) provide customer support; (iii) resolve a dispute; [(iv) poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires; (v) contact you with marketing or promotional material]; or (vi) as otherwise necessary to service your Account, provide the Services, applications or tools, or enforce this User Agreement, our policies, applicable national law, or any other agreement we may have with you. Standard message and data rates may apply.
- Detect, Prevent and Mitigate Fraudulent or Illegal Activities
- Prevent, detect, investigate and report fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of our sites and Services;
- Comply with anti-money laundering obligations;
- Sanctions list scanning;
- Enforce our User Agreement or other applicable policies;
- Compare the personal information you provide for accuracy, and verify it with information provided by third parties as necessary.
- For accounting and litigation purposes
- To check your creditworthiness and solvency.
- We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. Upon request, personal information [from closed accounts] will be deleted or rendered anonymous as soon as reasonably possible. Under certain circumstances we may retain personal information comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions permitted or required by applicable laws. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
[We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.] You may not opt out of receiving administrative messages, customer services responses or other related communications.
6.2 Withdraw consent. If you withdraw your consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information for the other purposes set out in this Privacy Notice you may not have access to all of our Services and we might not be able to provide you all of the Services and customer support offered to our users and authorized under this Privacy Notice and our User Agreement.
7.1 You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any;
- Change/correct any data we have about you;
- Have us delete any data we have about you;
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
7.2 We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access or correct it.
7.3 We will honor any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request access. Where you have a legal right to request access or request the modification or erasure of information, we can still withhold that access or decline to correct information in some cases in accordance with applicable law, but will give you reasons if we do so.
8.1 We disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect the rights, property or safety of TiqAssist, other users or third parties. Such information will be disclosed only in accordance with applicable laws and regulations (such as professional secrecy obligations). We minimize the amount of personal information we share to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. [As stated above, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.]
8.2 We may share your personal information with:
- [Venmo and] PayPal Inc. and its corporate family to prevent fraud or assess and manage risk (including to help protect your account from fraudulent activity or alert you if we detect such fraudulent activity on your account), to provide customer services (including to help service your account or resolve disputes, e.g., billing or transactional), and to comply with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing verification requirements.
- Third party service providers, payment processors and financial institutions under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud detection and investigations, identity verification services, payment processing, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, website operations, fulfilment and delivery services or ticket cancellation and reissue services).
- Local and foreign law enforcement or regulatory agencies, other government officials or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal or other investigation (i.e. a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure) or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other TiqAssist user to liability, or if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, the capture or prosecution of offenders, or the assessment or collection of tax or duty. In such events, we will disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address, fraud complaints, sales and/or purchase history or payment transaction history.
- Third parties commencing, or involved in, a legal proceeding if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or similar legal document, or if such disclosure is necessary for the purpose of obtaining legal advice or is necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising, or defending legal rights.
8.3 While we use contractual and other measures to ensure protection of personal information, the laws and regulations relating to privacy and personal information protection in other jurisdictions may not be the same as, or similar to, your local privacy laws. The governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies in these other jurisdictions may be able to request disclosure of personal information through the laws of these countries. In an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm, financial loss or to report potentially illegal or fraudulent activity.
8.4 If we were to merge with or be acquired by another company, we may share information with them in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this Privacy Notice with respect to your personal information. If your personal information will be used or disclosed for any purposes not covered in this Privacy Notice, you will receive prior notification of the use of your personal information for the new purposes.
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
10.2 Unwanted or threatening email. To report TiqAssist-related spam or spoof emails please forward the email to [safety@TiqAssist.com.]
10.3 Children’s Privacy. Our Site is a general audience website, and our Services are not intended for users under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users in this age group.
10.4 Third Party Privacy Practices. This Privacy Notice addresses only the use and disclosure of personal information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others, their privacy notices and practices will apply. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of any third party before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information.
- QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or our global privacy processes, you can contact email@example.com or [write to your data controller at the addresses listed in the Scope and consent section (and specifying Re: Privacy Notice).