MLB SEASON TICKET RESALE
EXPERT SEASON TICKET RESALE ADVICE FOR YOUR FAVORITE MLB TEAM.
When can I sell my MLB tickets with TiqAssist?
You can start selling MLB tickets when any marketplace activates the games for resale. Most marketplaces will activate the games for resale sometime between the August schedule release and December.
If you know you are going to be keeping your exact seats, you can list before your tickets are in your account. If you are considering upgrading your seats, you may want to wait until after the seat upgrade window to list your tickets. We will list your unwanted tickets as soon as the resale marketplaces activate the games to ensure they sell for the best price.
When is the best time to sell MLB tickets?
The schedule release in August (the year prior to the season) until the following February is the best time to list tickets, as it’s a seller’s market. There are very few tickets available for sale, so not much competition. At the same time, there is demand from the die-hard fans that are willing to pay top dollar to secure the big game tickets. Low supply + high demand = high sales prices.
The next best opportunity to sell are the weeks right before the season starts. Excitement builds up again, and buyers start purchasing the big games to secure their spot in the stadium. Supply is higher relative to the schedule release, but supply .vs demand is still in the seller’s favor.
The third and final recommended window to sell would be at least one month prior to the game. Inside of one month you get a lot of people listing, which makes prices fall quickly. Sellers should list and sell their tickets before this surge in ticket inventory happens.
How does TiqAssist price my tickets?
We use technology that prices your tickets based on real-time data, providing you with the most accurate price based on current demand level and many other factors. Our ticketing software keeps your prices competitive with others but still ensures you get the most from the sale. It takes into consideration seat quality, time of year, popularity of the visiting team, and other conditions so you always get more money than you would if you tried to sell the tickets yourself. On average, users earn 10-15% more using TiqAssist than they would by handling the sale on their own.
Some of the many factors that will help determine the final selling price of your tickets include:
- Selling within one month of the game. The closer the game, the lower the prices will be in general
- Home team is likely not going to the playoffs or underperforming expectations
- Key injuries to either the home team or the visiting team
- Covid absences
- Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday games. Monday being the worst, Tuesday second worst
- Low resale value opponents, including rebuilding teams, those with minimal legacy, and those that don’t draw well on the road
- The game is part of a long homestand
- Bad weather
- Day games in the middle of the week – Chicago Cubs are an exception to this rule
- The game conflicts with home games for other local sports teams or Sunday NFL
- Selling more than one month from the game. The further away from the game, the more you can sell your tickets for
- Home team is performing to or better than expectations going into the season
- Opponent is performing to or better than expectations going into the season
- Great resale value opponents include those that are legacy teams, have superstar players, are known for a deep fanbase, or are currently championship contenders
- Rivalry game
- Major holidays
- Friday/Saturday/Sunday games (Saturday being the best)
- Day Saturday/Sunday games
- Giveaways – Bobbleheads, blankets, T-Shirt jerseys, commemorative memorabilia, fireworks, concerts
- Summer – no major sports to compete with
- Special events: Opening Day, Retirement ceremonies
Where does TiqAssist sell my baseball tickets?
TiqAssist lists your tickets on more than 10 of the most popular MLB ticket resale marketplaces, including:
- Vivid Seats
If you’re curious about the different resale marketplaces and what makes them different, read our blog post on selling tickets online.
How do I transfer MLB tickets?
In the MLB Ballpark App, go to “Wallet” -> select the game that you want to transfer -> click “Forward Tickets” -> select all seats -> click “Forward Tickets” and select the transfer option that you prefer.
Is it legal to resell MLB tickets?
There are no federal or state laws prohibiting the resale of tickets. Certain states do have rules and regulations around whether a broker license is required, how much above face value you can list the tickets for, or whether you can sell MLB tickets on the premise of the stadium.
Why should I sell my MLB tickets with TiqAssist?
We handle the process of unloading your unused seats and provide you with the best return on your sales. When you choose to work with us, you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits that make MLB ticket resale fast, easy, and successful for you. Many of the advantages we provide include:
- Tickets are listed on every major ticket resale marketplace (10+ sites), so you reach 100% of buyers and can get 10-15% higher resale prices on average.
- Our technology broadcasts your ticket sales to all major resale platforms simultaneously, eliminating the risk of double selling.
- We offer a resale guarantee, which takes the stress out of being a season ticket holder because you never have to worry about what to do with your tickets if you can’t make it to every game.
- TiqAssist selling experts fully manage the resale process for you, all you do is click “List” on the games you want to sell.
- All tickets listed with TiqAssist are guaranteed to sell. If the tickets have not sold 3 days prior to gametime, TiqAssist will offer to purchase the tickets at fair-market value.
higher sale prices