Try our strategies for selling National Football League tickets and make every sale a touchdown!
Explore any of the teams below to get specific advice on selling and buying NFL tickets.
New York Giants
Green Bay Packers
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Kansas City Chiefs
Las Vegas Raiders
Los Angeles Chargers
When can I start selling NFL tickets?
You can start selling your NFL tickets when the NFL schedule is released. The NFL schedule release happens May 12th, and most resale marketplaces will activate the games for resale within hours of the schedule announcement.
If you know your exact seats for the upcoming season, you can list before your tickets are in your account. Otherwise, you may want to wait until after finalizing your exact section/row/seats to list your tickets.
When is the best time to sell NFL tickets?
The schedule release is the best time to list tickets, as it’s a full-on seller’s market. There are very few tickets available for sale, so not much competition. At the same time, there is a spike in demand from the die-hard fans that are willing to pay top dollar to secure the big game tickets. Low supply + high demand = high sales prices.
If you cannot list at the schedule release, the next best opportunity to sell is when NFL training camps start in late July. Excitement builds up again, and buyers start purchasing the big games to secure their spot in the stadium. Supply is higher relative to the schedule release, but supply .vs demand is still in the seller’s favor.
The third and final recommended window to sell would be at least one month prior to the game. Inside of one month you get a lot of people listing, which makes prices fall quickly. Sellers should list and sell their tickets before this surge in ticket inventory happens.
How do I price NFL tickets on a resale marketplace?
First, look at comparable resale listings. Comparable resale listings are seats that are similar or closer in distance to the 50 yard line and five rows behind you or closer to the field. Find the cheapest seats that meet that criteria, then price above or below based on the below information.
Second, you can gauge the direction of the market and whether to price below or above the competition based on the following attributes. The more negatives apply to the game, the lower you should price your tickets because it’s extremely likely the tickets will drop in price even more.
- Selling within one month of the game. The closer the game, the lower the prices will be in general
- Home team is likely not going to the playoffs or underperforming expectations
- Key injuries to either the home team or the visiting team
- Low resale value opponents
- Rebuilding teams, minimal legacy, don’t draw well on the road
- Examples: Jacksonville Jaguars, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Atlanta Falcons, Seattle Seahawks, Carolina Panthers, Tennessee Titans
- Bad weather
- Selling more than one month from the game. The further away from the game, the more you can sell your tickets for
- Home team is performing to or better than expectations going into the season
- Opponent is performing to or better than expectations going into the season
- Great resale value opponents
- Either a legacy team, superstars, deep fanbase, or championship contender
- Examples: Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers, San Francisco 49ers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Las Vegas Raiders, New England Patriots, Kansas City Chiefs
- Rivalry game
- Major holidays
Which site is best for buying NFL tickets?
The top four resale marketplaces that NFL buyers go to are fairly evenly split between Ticketmaster, Stubhub, SeatGeek, and VividSeats. Gametime is popular as well for last-minute NFL ticket purchases.
Where can I sell NFL tickets?
How do I sell NFL tickets?
Is it legal to resell NFL tickets?
There are no federal or state laws prohibiting the resale of tickets. Certain states do have rules and regulations around whether a broker license is required, how much above face value you can list the tickets for, or whether you can sell the tickets on the premise of the stadium.
Why should I sell my NFL tickets with TiqAssist?
- Tickets are listed on every major ticket resale marketplace (10+ sites), so you reach 100% of buyers and can get 10-15% higher resale prices on average.
- TiqAssist selling experts fully manage the resale process for you, all you do is click “List” on the games you want to sell.
- All tickets listed with TiqAssist are guaranteed to sell. If the tickets have not sold 3 days prior to gametime, TiqAssist will offer to purchase the tickets at fair-market value.
Powerful technology and dedicated experts that sell your tickets for you.