NFL SEASON TICKET RESALE
Check out the
NFL Resale Power Rankings!
EXPERT SEASON TICKET RESALE ADVICE FOR YOUR FAVORITE NFL TEAM.
When can I sell my NFL tickets with TiqAssist?
You can start selling your NFL tickets when the NFL schedule is released. Most resale marketplaces will activate the games for resale within hours of the schedule announcement. You can start reselling NFL season tickets once you have your ticket schedule and the games are activated on all resale marketplaces.
If you know you are going to be keeping your exact seats, or if you are upgrading your seats, you should login to your TiqAssist account when your team activates your tickets in your team account. On login, you will need to confirm your seat information and the TiqAssist selling experts will price your season for you. So generally, you can start to list your seats with us approximately 48 hours after they are available in your team account.
When is the best time to sell NFL tickets?
The schedule release is the best time to list tickets, as it’s a full-on seller’s market. There are very few tickets available for sale, so not much competition. At the same time, there is a spike in demand from the die-hard fans that are willing to pay top dollar to secure the big game tickets. Low supply + high demand = high sales prices. There are also typically no injuries to starters on the team, and when the schedule comes out your team is undefeated. This can all change even once training camps start. An injury to a key starter or starting quarterback in training camps can significantly impact resale value before the team has even stepped onto the field.
If you cannot list at the schedule release, the next best opportunity to sell is when NFL training camps start in late July. Excitement builds up again, and buyers start purchasing the big games to secure their spot in the stadium. Supply is higher relative to the schedule release, but supply .vs demand is still in the seller’s favor.
Sell at least one month prior to the game. Inside of one month you get a lot of season ticket holders listing, which makes prices fall quickly. Sellers should list and sell their tickets before this surge in ticket inventory happens. We always recommend listing 6+ weeks prior to an event, but 1 month should be considered your deadline to decide on listing a game if you want to have an opportunity to maximize your resale value.
Preseason games should be listed quickly. The value of preseason exhibition games drops almost immediately after the schedule is released, so you should list your tickets for these games as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more season ticket holders will be listing their own, as well.
Your team’s final four home games should be sold fast if the team is out of contention. If it’s obvious your team won’t be making the playoffs, interest can drop significantly. This leads to high supply and low demand, making it very difficult to move your unwanted seats. To get the most value from your NFL ticket resale, you should pay close attention to the team’s fortunes and move quickly before the market is flooded with tickets.
How does TiqAssist price my tickets?
We take a close look at the comparable resale listings. These are seats that are similar or closer in distance to the 50-yard line and five rows behind you or closer to the field. Being on the home or away side of the field also influences the price of tickets, as does the proximity of your seats to the end zone. Seats in the corners of the field tend to sell for the most. We utilize technology that considers these and a variety of other factors, such as the popularity of the visiting team, the expected weather conditions, and the game’s implications for the playoff picture. Our software keeps the price of your tickets competitive but also ensures you get the most from your sale. On average, users make 10-15% more using TiqAssist than they would if they tried to sell their tickets themselves.
Some of the many factors that will affect the price of your tickets include:
- Selling within one month of the game. The closer the game, the lower the prices will be in general
- Home team is likely not going to the playoffs or underperforming expectations
- Key injuries to either the home team or the visiting team
- Low resale value opponents, including rebuilding teams, those with minimal legacy, and those that don’t draw well on the road
- Bad weather
- Selling more than one month from the game. The further away from the game, the more you can sell your tickets for
- Home team is performing to or better than expectations going into the season
- Opponent is performing to or better than expectations going into the season
- Great resale value opponents include legacy teams, those with superstar players, those that have a deep fanbase, or championship contenders
- Rivalry game
- Major holidays
Where does TiqAssist sell my football tickets?
TiqAsisst lists your NFL tickets on more than 10 of the most popular resale marketplaces, including:
- Vivid Seats
- and more
To learn more about the advantages of TiqAssist, read our post on comparing resale marketplaces.
Is it legal to resell NFL tickets?
There are no federal or state laws prohibiting the resale of tickets. Certain states do have rules and regulations around whether a broker license is required, how much above face value you can list the tickets for, or whether you can sell the tickets on the premise of the stadium.
Why should I sell my NFL tickets with TiqAssist?
- We list your tickets on every major ticket resale marketplace (10+ sites), so you can reach the maximum number of buyers and can get 10-15% higher resale prices on average.
- Our selling experts fully manage the entire resale process for you, so all you have to do is click “List” on the games you’re looking to sell.
- Because our technology broadcasts your ticket sale information to all major platforms at the same time, you don’t have to worry about double selling.
- We guarantee all tickets listed with us will sell. If your tickets have not sold 3 days prior to gametime, we will offer to purchase the tickets at fair-market value.
- Using TiqAssist takes the stress out of being a season ticket holder. If you can’t make it to every game, you still get the most from your package and recoup any potential losses.
- If your team makes the playoffs, TiqAssist can help you sell your unused postseason tickets, as well.
higher sale prices