New York Mets
When can I start selling New York Mets tickets?
You can start selling your New York Mets tickets when any marketplace activates the games for resale. The MLB schedule was released on Aug 4th of 2021, and most marketplaces will activate the games for resale sometime between the August schedule release and December.
If you know you are going to be keeping your exact seats, you can list before your tickets are in your account. If you are considering upgrading your seats, you may want to wait until after the seat upgrade window to list your tickets.
When is the best time to sell New York Mets tickets?
The schedule release is the best time to list tickets, as it’s a full-on seller’s market. There are very few tickets available for sale, so not much competition. At the same time, there is a spike in demand from the die-hard fans that are willing to pay top dollar to secure the big game tickets. Low supply + high demand = high sales prices.
If you cannot list at the schedule release, the next best opportunity to sell are the weeks right before the season starts. Excitement builds up again, and buyers start purchasing the big games to secure their spot in the stadium. Supply is higher relative to the schedule release, but supply .vs demand is still in the seller’s favor.
The third and final recommended window to sell would be at least one month prior to the game. Inside of one month you get a lot of people listing, which makes prices fall quickly. Sellers should list and sell their tickets before this surge in ticket inventory happens.
To learn more about best practices around ticket resale and the top ticket resale marketplaces, read our blog article on “How to Resell Tickets Online.”
How do I price New York Mets tickets on a resale marketplace?
First, look at comparable resale listings. Comparable resale listings are seats that are similar or closer in distance to home plate and five rows behind you or closer to the field. Find the cheapest seats that meet that criteria, then price above or below based on the below information.
Second, you can gauge the direction of the market and whether to price below or above the competition based on the following attributes. The more negatives apply to the game, the lower you should price your tickets because it’s extremely likely the tickets will drop in price even more.
- Selling within one month of the game. The closer the game, the lower the prices will be in general
- Home team is likely not going to the playoffs or underperforming expectations
- Key injuries to either the home team or the visiting team
- Covid absences
- Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday games. Monday being the worst, Tuesday second worst
- Low resale value opponents
- Rebuilding teams, minimal legacy, don’t draw well on the road
- Examples: Miami Marlins, Baltimore Orioles, Kansas City Royals, Arizona Diamondbacks, Oakland A’s, Colorado Rockies, Cincinnati Reds
- The game is part of a long homestand
- Bad weather
- Day games in the middle of the week – Chicago Cubs are an exception to this rule
- The game conflicts with home games for other local sports teams or Sunday NFL
- Selling more than one month from the game. The further away from the game, the more you can sell your tickets for
- Home team is performing to or better than expectations going into the season
- Opponent is performing to or better than expectations going into the season
- Great resale value opponents
- Either a legacy team, superstars, deep fanbase, or championship contender
- Examples: New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, Los Angeles Dodgers, Houston Astros, Chicago Cubs, St Louis Cardinals, Atlanta Braves
- Rivalry game
- Major holidays
- Friday/Saturday/Sunday games (Saturday being the best)
- Day Saturday/Sunday games
- Giveaways – Bobbleheads, blankets, T-Shirt jerseys, commemorative memorabilia, fireworks, concerts
- Summer – no major sports to compete with
- Special events: Opening Day, Retirement ceremonies
What are the highest sale price New York Mets games?
- Tue 6.13 New York Yankees at New York Mets
- Sat 6.17 St. Louis Cardinals at New York Mets
- Fri 6.30 San Francisco Giants at New York Mets
- Sat 7.15 Los Angeles Dodgers at New York Mets
- Sat 8.12 Atlanta Braves at New York Mets
Resale prices tend to be higher if the opponent has a long-running legacy,
superstars, a deep fanbase, is a potential championship contender and on the
What are the worst resale value New York Mets games?
We recommend that you list these games immediately, as resale value for these games have the highest likelihood of dropping, which also increases the risk that you can’t resell the tickets.
- Tue 4.25 Washington Nationals at New York Mets
- Sun 5.7 Colorado Rockies at New York Mets
- Tue 5.16 Tampa Bay Rays at New York Mets
- Tue 8.15 Pittsburgh Pirates at New York Mets
- Tue 9.26 Miami Marlins at New York Mets
Resale prices tend to be lower if the opponent is projected to be a lottery pick team,
has a limited fanbase, lacks all-stars, and the game is on a
Which site is best for buying New York Mets tickets?
The top three resale marketplaces that New York Mets buyers go to are fairly evenly split between Stubhub, SeatGeek, and VividSeats. Gametime is popular as well for last-minute Los Angeles Angels ticket purchases.
Where can I sell New York Mets tickets?
How do I log into my New York Mets season ticket account?
Through web browsers, you can go to https://www.mlb.com/mets/tickets/season-tickets/ticket-management
For the app experience, you can download the “MLB Ballpark” app for IoS or Android.
How do I sell New York Mets tickets?
For expert tips on how to sell New York Mets tickets on your favorite marketplace, read our blog article “How to Sell Tickets Online.”
How do I transfer New York Mets tickets?
In the MLB Ballpark App, go to “Wallet” -> select the game that you want to transfer -> click “Forward Tickets” -> select all seats -> click “Forward Tickets” and select the transfer option that you prefer.
If you do not have the MLB Ballpark app, to transfer your New York Mets tickets, go to https://www.mlb.com/mets/tickets/season-tickets/ticket-management on your phone or desktop to go through the ticket transfer process.
When is Opening Day for the New York Mets?
The New York Mets open the 2022 season at home on Thursday March 31st, 2022 against the Washington Nationals.
Is it legal to resell New York Mets tickets?
There are no federal or state laws prohibiting the resale of tickets. Certain states do have rules and regulations around whether a broker license is required, how much above face value you can list the tickets for, or whether you can sell the tickets on the premise of the stadium.
Why should I sell New York Mets tickets with TiqAssist?
- Tickets are listed on every major ticket resale marketplace (10+ sites), so you reach 100% of buyers and can get 10-15% higher resale prices on average.
- TiqAssist selling experts fully manage the resale process for you, all you do is click “List” on the games you want to sell.
- All tickets listed with TiqAssist are guaranteed to sell. If the tickets have not sold 3 days prior to gametime, TiqAssist will offer to purchase the tickets at fair-market value.