When can I start selling Toronto Blue Jays tickets?
You can start selling your Toronto Blue Jays tickets when any marketplace activates the games for resale. The MLB schedule was released on Aug 4th of 2021, and most marketplaces will activate the games for resale sometime between the August schedule release and December.
If you know you are going to be keeping your exact seats, you can list before your tickets are in your account. If you are considering upgrading your seats, you may want to wait until after the seat upgrade window to list your tickets.
When is the best time to sell Toronto Blue Jays tickets?
The schedule release is the best time to list tickets, as it’s a full-on seller’s market. There are very few tickets available for sale, so not much competition. At the same time, there is a spike in demand from the die-hard fans that are willing to pay top dollar to secure the big game tickets. Low supply + high demand = high sales prices.
If you cannot list at the schedule release, the next best opportunity to sell are the weeks right before the season starts. Excitement builds up again, and buyers start purchasing the big games to secure their spot in the stadium. Supply is higher relative to the schedule release, but supply .vs demand is still in the seller’s favor.
The third and final recommended window to sell would be at least one month prior to the game. Inside of one month you get a lot of people listing, which makes prices fall quickly. Sellers should list and sell their tickets before this surge in ticket inventory happens.
To learn more about best practices around ticket resale and the top ticket resale marketplaces, read our blog article on “How to Resell Tickets Online.”
How do I price Toronto Blue Jays tickets on a resale marketplace?
First, look at comparable resale listings. Comparable resale listings are seats that are similar or closer in distance to home plate and five rows behind you or closer to the field. Find the cheapest seats that meet that criteria, then price above or below based on the below information.
Second, you can gauge the direction of the market and whether to price below or above the competition based on the following attributes. The more negatives apply to the game, the lower you should price your tickets because it’s extremely likely the tickets will drop in price even more.
- Selling within one month of the game. The closer the game, the lower the prices will be in general
- Home team is likely not going to the playoffs or underperforming expectations
- Key injuries to either the home team or the visiting team
- Covid absences
- Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday games. Monday being the worst, Tuesday second worst
- Low resale value opponents
- Rebuilding teams, minimal legacy, don’t draw well on the road
- Examples: Miami Marlins, Baltimore Orioles, Kansas City Royals, Arizona Diamondbacks, Oakland A’s, Colorado Rockies, Cincinnati Reds
- The game is part of a long homestand
- Bad weather
- Day games in the middle of the week – Chicago Cubs are an exception to this rule
- The game conflicts with home games for other local sports teams or Sunday NFL
- Selling more than one month from the game. The further away from the game, the more you can sell your tickets for
- Home team is performing to or better than expectations going into the season
- Opponent is performing to or better than expectations going into the season
- Great resale value opponents
- Either a legacy team, superstars, deep fanbase, or championship contender
- Examples: New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, Los Angeles Dodgers, Houston Astros, Chicago Cubs, St Louis Cardinals, New York Mets, Atlanta Braves
- Rivalry game
- Major holidays
- Friday/Saturday/Sunday games (Saturday being the best)
- Day Saturday/Sunday games
- Giveaways – Bobbleheads, blankets, T-Shirt jerseys, commemorative memorabilia, fireworks, concerts
- Summer – no major sports to compete with
- Special events: Opening Day, Retirement ceremonies
What are the highest sale price Toronto Blue Jays games?
- Sun 5.1 Houston Astros at Toronto Blue Jays
- Tue 5.3 New York Yankees at Toronto Blue Jays
- Sun 5.22 Cincinnati Reds at Toronto Blue Jays
- Sat 6.4 Minnesota Twins at Toronto Blue Jays
- Wed 5.27 St. Louis Cardinals at Toronto Blue Jays
- Sat 8.27 Los Angeles Angels at Toronto Blue Jays
- Wed 8.31 Chicago Cubs at Toronto Blue Jays
Resale prices tend to be higher if the opponent has a long-running legacy,
superstars, a deep fanbase, is a potential championship contender and on the
What are the worst resale value Toronto Blue Jays games?
We recommend that you list these games immediately, as resale value for these games have the highest likelihood of dropping, which also increases the risk that you can’t resell the tickets.
- Tue 5.17 Seattle Mariners at Toronto Blue Jays
- Fri 5.20 Cincinnati Reds at Toronto Blue Jays
- Tue 5.31 White Sox at Toronto Blue Jays
- Thu 7.14 Kansas City Royals at Toronto Blue Jays
- Thu 7.28 Detroit Tigers at Toronto Blue Jays
- Wed 8.17 Baltimore Orioles at Toronto Blue Jays
- Tue 9.13 Tampa Bay Rays at Toronto Blue Jays
Resale prices tend to be lower if the opponent is projected to be a lottery pick team,
has a limited fanbase, lacks all-stars, and the game is on a
Which site is best for buying Toronot Blue Jays tickets?
The top three resale marketplaces that Toronto Blue Jays buyers go to are fairly evenly split between Stubhub, SeatGeek, and VividSeats. Gametime is popular as well for last-minute Los Angeles Angels ticket purchases.
Where can I sell Toronto Blue Jays tickets?
How do I log into my Toronto Blue Jays season ticket account?
Through web browsers, you can go to https://am.ticketmaster.com/tbjrc/
For the app experience, you can download the “MLB Ballpark” app for IoS or Android.
How do I sell Toronto Blue Jays tickets?
For expert tips on how to sell Toronto Blue Jays tickets on your favorite marketplace, read our blog article “How to Sell Tickets Online.”
How do I transfer Toronto Blue Jays tickets?
In the MLB Ballpark App, go to “Wallet” -> select the game that you want to transfer -> click “Forward Tickets” -> select all seats -> click “Forward Tickets” and select the transfer option that you prefer.
If you do not have the MLB Ballpark app, to transfer your Toronto Blue Jays tickets, go to https://am.ticketmaster.com/tbjrc/ on your phone or desktop to go through the ticket transfer process.
When is Opening Day for the Toronto Blue Jays?
The Toronto Blue Jays open the 2022 season at home on Monday April 4th, 2022 against the Tampa Bay Rays.
Is it legal to resell Toronto Blue Jays tickets?
There are no federal or state laws prohibiting the resale of tickets. Certain states do have rules and regulations around whether a broker license is required, how much above face value you can list the tickets for, or whether you can sell the tickets on the premise of the stadium.
Why should I sell Toronto Blue Jays tickets with TiqAssist?
- Tickets are listed on every major ticket resale marketplace (10+ sites), so you reach 100% of buyers and can get 10-15% higher resale prices on average.
- TiqAssist selling experts fully manage the resale process for you, all you do is click “List” on the games you want to sell.
- All tickets listed with TiqAssist are guaranteed to sell. If the tickets have not sold 3 days prior to gametime, TiqAssist will offer to purchase the tickets at fair-market value.